Thursday, December 04, 2014

Christmas Cards

Hardly anyone sends Christmas cards these days.  In fact, you are lucky if you get an email card.  Partly because we have all  gotten out of the habit of writing anything by hand.  But that alone isn't enough to understand this change, because I have noticed the trend for years, long before PCs became commonplace.  Yes, I am that old.  And it is funny, at the stores that sell cards, if you shop for a new box, they have been picked over pretty thoroughly for something that few people need.  Anyway, I will send off my usual 5 or 6,and maybe get 3 or 4 in return.  But all of them will be from people I love, and who love me back.  Richer than gold.

So since I have all these cards accumulated over the years, I am going to "give" (post) one for my loyal readers each day until Christmas.  I kinda like the idea.
The inside reads:  "May the gifts of the season fill your heart with joy."


And now the thought for the day:  "Life is all about how you handle plan B."

1 comment :

SkippyMom said...

Really? I still send out oodles of cards and so do all my friends and families and woe is the person that sends me an email greeting if they have my physical address.

I guess I haven't seen this trend coming or being here. Even my kids [the 3 girls anyway] send cards. And they're 20 somethings. It would be sad if it went away.

Which reminds me. I know what I am doing this weekend. hee

Email you address and I would love to put you on my list. Tadpoles ROCK! :)

skippyaveo @ gmail.com [you know to get rid of the spaces. ]