Saturday, April 14, 2012



This is known as the grand canyon of the pacific. Found in Waimea Canyon state park, it is on the western side of Kaua'i Island. It is 10 miles long and 3000' deep. When we were there it was very foggy, which only increased the impact of the site. The wind at the observation area was brutal, whipping cold air right through you. A "lazy wind" that can't be bothered to go around you. I regard this site as the most astonishing site on our trip.

Bumper sticker for the day: "I am an optimist, but I don't think it helps."

1 comment :

SkippyMom said...

I missed this post and the next one, my apologies. [I don't know how, I am trying to keep up, promise!]

What a beautiful place. I can see why you love it so much.

I have never seen a volcano [in real life obviously] but the one in the next post is so cool. I like what you said, so true. . .get out of the way - way out. It truly is a once in a life time experience to see these places if you don't live there.

Thanks for sharing. I hope to see more if you feel like and have the time. So neat.