Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 27th





I've always enjoyed Garfield, and so I'll borrow this for a day or two.

It is hard to be nice when you are ill a lot of the time; there are so many things to do, and these things need help to get done. It seems that unless I point out what these things are, they get ignored. How can you ignore a sink full of dirty dishes? They have to be loaded into the dishwasher, or hand washed. A garbage can is overflowing, take it out to the bin. And on and on. I hate to be a nag, and I try to be reasonable about priorities, But in the end, a lot of it doesn't get done.

I think I am stronger, but then days like these occur, where my knees feel like I've
got sharp daggers in each knee, especially when I do stairs. Even on flat floor, my balance takes a few seconds to even things up. The drugs are great, except I want to fall asleep about an hour after I take one. May be time to ring up the orthopedic for more needle jabs.

I've got to do do something with my chemo-hair. It is very curly (LIKE A FRENCH POODLE!!) and the color is all wrong. I will try a different product on it tomorrow. After all, the worst result would be something that makes my hair fall off or has to be cut off, leaving us back at square one.

I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, and I forgot the point I was trying to make. Next time.

For the day: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

No comments :