Friday, July 22, 2011

Playing possum

Last night we caught a possum in the have-a-heart trap, the last night of our pest control contract. At least we caught something for all the $$$ we put up. I think we will be buying one of these traps to use ourselves as needed for raccoons. Also, as we drove past some neighbors on the next road, I saw a trap in their yard too, so maybe someone else caught our marauders.

Wednesday was the last (6th) cycle of my chemotherapy and I celebrated with turtle cheesecake, yum!











Now I go every three weeks (instead of every week) and get the herceptin, the antibody to the her2.neu antigen site on the tumor cells, a targeted treatment that I will need to take for an entire year, but at least it doesn't make me ill. Just a little headache-y during the infusion. Sometime in August I will get another PET/CT scan to look for metastatic sites, so fingers crossed until then. The infusion center at the local hospital will be moving in August to a new location, which I hope will include more comfortable chairs, both infusion ones and regular chairs for the family. Probably not though.

Not much else to report from here, so here is the bumper sticker for the day--"Beware. Karma has a wicked sense of humor"

5 comments :

Dina Roberts said...

I hope you get very good news in August!

It's great that you celebrated with cheesecake. I hope you enjoyed it.

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

I just have to ask....what is a TURTLE cheescake??? lol



3 weekly visits, sound less intrusive, gives you a bit of a breather between them.
Glad to hear the meds not making you too sick.

praying for good news in August.

SkippyMom said...

Nice to see you may be getting a wee little break [such as it is] and I think turtle cheesecake is the perfect reward - I LOVE the turtle candies, to have them made into a cheesecake must be heaven. Glad you could indulge.

Redhead said...

Turtle cheesecake! is named that after the candy, which is five pecan halves arranged to resemble a turtle (sort of) then covered in caramel and chocolate. The cheesecake version has a chocolate cookie crumb crust, then cheesecake filling with chopped pecans, and then the whole thing is drizzled with caramel and chocolate chips. Yum... I always eat too much, so I keep it as a special treat.

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

ohhhh that sounds divine, i might find recipe for this for the wedding!!! thanks