Friday, June 19, 2009

Insomnia

Did you ever get so tired that sleep eluded you even when you desperately need it? Last night, from midnight to about 3 am, we had a rip roaring thunderstorm, and I lay there trying not to think about all those dying or dead trees on the edge of our property that need to be cut down, preferably without removal of power lines. The power company has agreed to do it, time not specified. And there is one tree, no threat to power lines, that is directly behind the house, shading the deck and Son's bedroom and part of the pool, which as far as I can tell, will need to be cut and airlifted out, like they do on the TV show. And I'll bet it will be expensive too.

Mood has been fine on Monday-Tuesday and suddenly on Wednesday I didn't even want to get out of bed. My Dr. appt went fine, much praise for the 20 pound loss in 4 months, hurrah...Can I have a danish pastry now? 40 pounds to go...

I'm still selling books on Abebooks, you should see the icon over there on the right, and it will take you to MY listing and not the 50 million people who have way better books than me, describe them in ruinous detail ( do you know what a remainered book is? How do you tell? I got an inflammatory email for failing to disclose that on a book, can't please them all.)

I have a million books to enter still , and my enthusiasm is slip slip slipping away (Vince Gill).

On Sunday, the dogs found some vile stinky dead thing in the pasture. It had been quickly eaten (Ewwww) but still the aroma lingered on. No kissies from THEM for a while. I spent some time (it felt like days) to clean the worst of the tack room, although it still supports paw prints 6 feet up the door. Darling Maggie found out how to open the door from inside the tack room (which is off-limits in the first place) and gallop off into the distance, BYE.....

The new solid gold bagged 50 pound bales of wood shavings are all stacked and tarped over. 120 bales should last a long time, and at $720 I certainly hope they will.

All I'm getting from my brain is snoring sounds, so I guess I'm done for the night. I leave you with this thought:

"186,000 miles/sec: Not just a good idea, it's the LAW."

No comments :